JCPiL: UK:Brazil Joint Partnership in Leishmaniasis
The UK:Brazil Joint Centre Partnership in Leishmaniasis (JCPiL) is a large collaborative project between UK universities (York, Durham and Glasgow) and universities in Brazil (University of São Paulo, the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro and the Federal University of Piauí).
Researchers within YBRI’s Immunology, Haematology and Infection theme will work together to drive this project forward, and will fund five interrelated projects and three workshops to promote research at the interface of basic and clinical science, extend existing collaborations between UK and Brazil and develop new partnerships and interdisciplinary ways of working.
- University of São Paulo (Brazil): Professor Angela Cruz (co-director), Professor Hiro Goto, Professor Luiz Tosi, Professor Dario Zamboni
- University of York (UK): Professor Jeremy Mottram (co-director), Dr Daniel Jeffares, Professor Paul Kaye, Dr Dimitris Lagos, Dr Michael Plevin, Dr Pegine Walrad
- Federal University of Piauí (Brazil): Professor Carlos Costa
- Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil): Professor Ana Paula Lima
- University of Glasgow (UK): Professor Richard McCulloch, Dr Jeziel Damasceno
- Durham University (UK): Professor Paul Denny
For more information please click here